FAQs - Sales and Use Tax

What do I do if my check has not cleared my bank?

If you feel sufficient time has passed and your check has not cleared your bank, we would recommend that you contact your bank and request a stop payment be issued. You should then send a replacement check for the tax liability amount (discount not allowed) along with a copy of your tax return or a return facsimile. A note should be attached indicating that you have submitted a replacement check for the original lost check.

Note: If you originally filed a facsimile or altered return with your payment, this may cause a delay in processing. Please allow a little more time before you issue a stop payment order and a replacement check.