FAQs - Sales & Use Tax: Motor Vehicles & Watercraft

Can the clergy of a church obtain a title in his/her name without paying sales or use tax?

No. The exemption applies to the church, not the clergy. To be exempt, the vehicle would have to be titled in the name of the church.