FAQs - Sales & Use Tax: General Information

Can I get a refund if I overpay my tax?

Anyone who overpays sales or use  tax may be entitled to a refund by applying to the Tax Commissioner. In no case may applications be filed later than four years from the date of the payment. All refund claims must be filed using the proper form (ST-AR), which is available on our Web site at Tax Forms.

Interest may be paid on a paid assessment when it is determined that it was issued in error. Interest may be paid when it is determined that taxes have been paid in error.