FAQs - Pass Through Entity

If a nonresident individual invests in several Ohio PTEs: Can the nonresident individual be included in an Ohio form IT 4708 for some PTEs and included in the Ohio form IT 1140 for others PTEs?

Yes. The PTE can file the IT 4708 and/or the IT 1140.  The individual can be included on an IT 1140 for one PTE and can elect to be included on the IT 4708 for another PTE.  Remember, the individual investor is required to file an IT 1040 if Ohio-sourced income has been withheld on and reported on an IT 1140.