Individual Income Tax

Filing For an Extension

You must first qualify for a federal extension. Ohio does not have an Ohio extension form but honors the federal extension. You should attach to the Ohio income tax return a copy of your extension or your extension confirmation number or a printed copy of the federal acknowledgment. Note: Except as set forth in the military tax provisions, there is no extension for paying the tax.

Make extension payments on form IT 40P by April 17, 2018.

Certain military personnel may have an additional extension to file and pay; see Income Taxes and the Military for more information.