FAQs - Individual Income Tax

How do I update my name with the Department of Taxation?

Generally, if you have taken the proper steps to legally change your name, the Department is notified. However, you can provide legible documentation (such as your driver’s license, social security card, marriage license) showing your new name to the Department by either:

You should use your current legal name when filing your returns with the Department. The Department will contact you if additional documentation is needed to verify the change.