FAQs - Individual Income Tax

What should I do if I do not receive my W-2s from my employer?

W-2s can only be issued to you by your employer. Generally, employers must mail W-2s to their employees by January 31st. If you haven't received your W-2 by February 15th, contact your employer to confirm that your W-2 was sent to your current address. If your employer is out of business or refuses to issue your W-2, contact the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 to report the employer.

You are required to file your Ohio individual income tax return whether or not you have received your W-2. If your employer does not provide you with a W-2, you should submit a copy of your year-end pay stubs when filing your Ohio return.

Note: Do not submit an IRS Wage and Income Statement transcript. It does not include Ohio withholding information.