FAQs - Individual Income Tax

What documentation should I submit with my original or amended Ohio IT 1040 and/or SD 100 as proof of my tax withheld?

When filing a return by paper, you must submit legible copies of all income statements (W-2s and 1099s) showing the Ohio and/or school district withholding that you claimed on the return. Income statements that are handwritten, self-created, or generated by your tax preparation software are not acceptable proof of your withholding.

If you file your return electronically, you are not required to send any income statements to the Department of Taxation upon filing. If the Department needs to verify the information on your income statements, you will receive a request by mail for documentation.