FAQs - Individual Income Tax

How do I get a copy of my 1099-G and/or 1099-INT?

Generally, the 1099-G and/or 1099-INT are available by the end of January. These income statements are mailed to you. However, you can elect to receive them electronically via the Department of Taxation’s Online Services.

Electronic: You must register for Online Services to view/print your 1099-G and/or 1099-INT. Once registered, log in with your username and password and click View Ohio 1099s under “Online Services” on the left side of the page. These income statements are available for five years from the date of issuance.

When a notice is available, you will receive an email directing you to log into Online Services to view the notice. Once you have elected to receive notices via Online Services, you will not receive the notices by mail unless you deactivate this service.

See the FAQ “How do I sign up for the Department of Taxation's Online Services?” for more information on registering. Additionally, see the FAQ “How do I receive notices from the Department of Taxation electronically?” for instructions on electing to receive your 1099-G and/or 1099-INT electronically. Both FAQs are found in the “Income – Online Services (I-File/ePayment/eStatement)” category.

Paper: If you need another paper copy of your 1099-G and/or 1099-INT, you may request one by contacting the Department via email or by calling 1-800-282-1780 (1-800-750-0750 for the hearing impaired).

Note: Your tax preparer cannot access your 1099-G and/or 1099-INT information. Instead, you should provide the income statement(s) to your preparer along with your other tax information.