FAQs - Individual Income Tax

I am recently married or divorced and have changed my name. How do I update my name with the Ohio Department of Taxation?

Please fax an enlarged and lightened copy of your driver’s license and social security card showing your updated name to (206) 600-6113 or email to ifilereset@tax.state.oh.us . If your name has not been updated on both your driver’s license and social security card, please include in your fax or email a copy of your marriage certificate (or other legal document to substantiate the legal name change). Be sure to provide a daytime phone number where you can be reached. We will only contact you if additional documentation is needed or we cannot read the faxed information.