FAQs - Individual Income Tax

How can I verify that the refund reported on my 1099-G was actually issued?

You can verify a refund reported on a 1099-G in the same way as any other refund issued by the Department of Taxation. You should contact your bank and/or review your financial records to verify receipt of the refund. If you still cannot verify the receipt of your refund, you may contact the Department by email or by calling 1-800-282-1780 (1-800-750-0750 for the hearing impaired). If the refund was issued by paper check, we may be able to provide you a copy of the cancelled check.