FAQs - Ohio I-File

What do you need before you begin to use Ohio I-File?

You will need the following information:

  • Please utilize our self-registration process. If you are unable to register, please follow the directions in the "Unable to Register" part here before beginning;
  • Have your completed federal income tax return;
  • All of your W-2, W-2G, and 1099 and K-1 forms;
  • Your checking or savings account information and bank routing number if you choose to directly deposit your refund or to pay your tax by electronic check;
  • Your credit card information for payment of a balance due. Accepted credit cards include American Express, Discover, MasterCard and VISA; and
  • We recommend that you have a printer ready to print a copy of your return for your records.
  • You can choose to save your return in a portable document format (PDF) to your PC if your computer supports Adobe Acrobat Viewing Software.