FAQ's  1099-G

I never received the refund or credit claimed on the 1099-G because it was captured/offset and applied to back child support or other debt. Do I still have to report the overpayment as income?

Yes. If the refund or credit was offset and applied to any other liability, you received a benefit from the refund by reducing your debt. This refund is still income to you.