Frequently Asked Questions

The Ohio Department of Taxation has compiled a list of frequently asked questions covering many different categories.

To view the questions, click on the "Select Category" bar and then click on the category you are interested in. A list of questions will appear pertaining to that category. Then click on the question you are inquiring about and the answer will appear.

Can I request an overpayment be carried forward to the following taxable year?

Yes, you may request to carryforward a credit when filing your annual tax return. Please note: A declaration of estimated payment form must be filed for the following taxable year prior to a credit being moved forward.