Frequently Asked Questions

The Ohio Department of Taxation has compiled a list of frequently asked questions covering many different categories.

To view the questions, click on the "Select Category" bar and then click on the category you are interested in. A list of questions will appear pertaining to that category. Then click on the question you are inquiring about and the answer will appear.

What documentation is required to receive the motor fuel refund?

Copies of all invoices listing the gallons purchased and the Excise Tax was paid must be submitted with the motor fuel refund.