Frequently Asked Questions

The Ohio Department of Taxation has compiled a list of frequently asked questions covering many different categories.

To view the questions, click on the "Select Category" bar and then click on the category you are interested in. A list of questions will appear pertaining to that category. Then click on the question you are inquiring about and the answer will appear.

How often can I file for the motor fuel refund?

A claim may be filed anytime there is 100 refundable gallons of motor fuel.  However, if inventory is maintained, it is recommended that claims be filed at twice times a year. This is to help ensure the existing inventory balance is accurate and no inventory is lost due to statutory time limits.