Frequently Asked Questions

The Ohio Department of Taxation has compiled a list of frequently asked questions covering many different categories.

To view the questions, click on the "Select Category" bar and then click on the category you are interested in. A list of questions will appear pertaining to that category. Then click on the question you are inquiring about and the answer will appear.

If I need to amend a return, can I just amend the portion I am changing?

No. Because returns are required to be filed electronically, an amended return is considered a complete reverse/replace. This means you must complete the entire return again, including the updated figures.  This will override what was processed originally with the correct figures.