Frequently Asked Questions

The Ohio Department of Taxation has compiled a list of frequently asked questions covering many different categories.

To view the questions, click on the "Select Category" bar and then click on the category you are interested in. A list of questions will appear pertaining to that category. Then click on the question you are inquiring about and the answer will appear.

I need a copy of the return I filed last year. Who do I contact to get this information?

For a copy of form 920, County Return of Taxable Business Property, contact the county auditor where the return was filed. For a copy of form 945, Inter-County Return of Taxable Business Property, contact the Ohio Department of Taxation, Personal Property Tax Division. Either request must be in writing, on company stationery, if applicable, and signed by an officer of the corporation, owner or managing partner.