Frequently Asked Questions

The Ohio Department of Taxation has compiled a list of frequently asked questions covering many different categories.

To view the questions, click on the "Select Category" bar and then click on the category you are interested in.  A list of questions will appear pertaining to that category. Then click on the question you are inquiring about and the answer will appear.

Can I simply report amounts from federal Schedules B,C,D,E and F on the IT BUS?

A taxpayer cannot simply list the amounts on these federal schedules on the IT BUS. Only items of business income that are included in federal adjusted gross income should be included on the IT BUS. For example, personal interest from a savings account is reported on Schedule B but is nonbusiness income. See R.C. 5747.01(A)(31) and 5747.01(B).