Frequently Asked Questions

The Ohio Department of Taxation has compiled a list of frequently asked questions covering many different categories.

To view the questions, click on the "Select Category" bar and then click on the category you are interested in.  A list of questions will appear pertaining to that category. Then click on the question you are inquiring about and the answer will appear.

Do taxpayers need to complete a separate IT BUS for each source of business income?

Taxpayers report their business income and loss from all sources on a single IT BUS. Additionally, taxpayers who file married filing jointly should report business income from both spouses on a single IT BUS. The sources of business income should be listed on Part 4 of the IT BUS.