Frequently Asked Questions

The Ohio Department of Taxation has compiled a list of frequently asked questions covering many different categories.

To view the questions, click on the "Select Category" bar and then click on the category you are interested in.  A list of questions will appear pertaining to that category. Then click on the question you are inquiring about and the answer will appear.

I have paid a certified withholding tax assessment in full, but the assessment still shows outstanding on a credit report. How do I get the certified assessment cleared up?

The Ohio Attorney General’s office (AGO) issues a Release of Satisfaction letter when the assessments are paid or satisfied. You will need to contact the AGO's office regarding your request.

Their contact information is:

Attorney General's Office
150 E. Gay St. 21st Floor
Columbus, OH 43215-3100

1-614-466-8360 or 1-614-752-7541