Frequently Asked Questions

The Ohio Department of Taxation has compiled a list of frequently asked questions covering many different categories.

To view the questions, click on the "Select Category" bar and then click on the category you are interested in. A list of questions will appear pertaining to that category. Then click on the question you are inquiring about and the answer will appear.

How do I receive an extension to file an Ohio pass-through entity return?

To receive a filing extension for an Ohio pass-through entity return, check the federal extension checkbox at the top of the return (IT 4708, IT 1140 and IT 1041), and include a copy of the federal extension form 7004.  For more information, see Ohio Adm.Code 5703-7-05.