Frequently Asked Questions

The Ohio Department of Taxation has compiled a list of frequently asked questions covering many different categories.

To view the questions, click on the "Select Category" bar and then click on the category you are interested in.  A list of questions will appear pertaining to that category. Then click on the question you are inquiring about and the answer will appear.

As the employee, I submitted a IT 4 indicating that I now live in a taxing school district and am required to file a school district income tax return. The business where I work says it will not withhold the taxes for me. What should I do?

If no tax is being withheld, please provide us with the facts in writing and include a copy of your most recent W-2 or paystub, and submit this to the Ohio Department of Taxation, Employer Withholding Unit, P.O. Box 2476, Columbus, OH  43216-2476 and we will investigate.

Until you confirm that your employer is withholding school district tax, you may chose to make an estimated payment of school district income tax using form SD 100ES. This form is available on our website at Tax Forms or by calling our toll-free forms request line at 1-800-282-1782.