Frequently Asked Questions

The Ohio Department of Taxation has compiled a list of frequently asked questions covering many different categories.

To view the questions, click on the "Select Category" bar and then click on the category you are interested in.  A list of questions will appear pertaining to that category. Then click on the question you are inquiring about and the answer will appear.

Our company overpaid the IT 501 this month; how can we get a refund?

An overpayment during the current year remains as filed and you would decrease the tax amount for the following month or any future month during the same year. If you discover an overpayment after the year closes, request for the refund on the annual reconciliation form IT 941.