Frequently Asked Questions

The Ohio Department of Taxation has compiled a list of frequently asked questions covering many different categories.

To view the questions, click on the "Select Category" bar and then click on the category you are interested in.  A list of questions will appear pertaining to that category. Then click on the question you are inquiring about and the answer will appear.

Can I file an Ohio tax return now?

You may file a return.  Tax forms may be obtained electronically through ODT’s website at or via telephone using the forms request line at 1-800-282-1782.  The return should be submitted with documentation that supports all deductions or credits claimed on the return.

Mail the tax return and any supporting documentation along with a copy of the RAR Billing Notice to the address shown on your billing notice.  We will review this information and notify you of any changes made.

Note: If the return has a balance due, payment plus any additional interest must be remitted.  If the return has an overpayment, it may not be granted due to the statute of limitations and/or 60-day grace period.