Frequently Asked Questions

The Ohio Department of Taxation has compiled a list of frequently asked questions covering many different categories.

To view the questions, click on the "Select Category" bar and then click on the category you are interested in.  A list of questions will appear pertaining to that category. Then click on the question you are inquiring about and the answer will appear.

Why didn’t I get credit for the Ohio withholding taxes that were withheld from my paycheck?

The billing notice you received was computed based on information received from the IRS.  Your liability may be offset by taxes already withheld; however, you must provide a copy of the W-2 form(s) showing the amount of Ohio tax withheld.  In addition, you may claim any credits or deductions for which you are entitled by filing a tax return for the year(s) in question. 

Mail copies of the W-2’s or pay statement(s) along with a copy of the RAR Billing Notice to the address shown on your billing notice. We will review this information and notify you of any changes made. 

NOTE: If you are unable to obtain the information within the time frame allowed please contact us.