Frequently Asked Questions

The Ohio Department of Taxation has compiled a list of frequently asked questions covering many different categories.

To view the questions, click on the "Select Category" bar and then click on the category you are interested in.  A list of questions will appear pertaining to that category. Then click on the question you are inquiring about and the answer will appear.

Who is entitled to pay tax to the Clerks of Courts net of the allowable discount?

Dealers and sellers licensed with the Department of Taxation as a vendor selling motor vehicles, watercraft and/or outboard motors may pay the tax collected to the Clerks of Courts net of the allowable discount. The vendor must provide a valid vendor’s license number (01-XXXXXX through 89-XXXXXX or 99-XXXXXX) when they are obtaining the title for the purchaser.