Frequently Asked Questions

The Ohio Department of Taxation has compiled a list of frequently asked questions covering many different categories.

To view the questions, click on the "Select Category" bar and then click on the category you are interested in.  A list of questions will appear pertaining to that category. Then click on the question you are inquiring about and the answer will appear.

What identification number do I use if I do not have a FEIN?

You must have a FEIN to register for the municipal net profit tax.  If you do not have a FEIN, please contact the Business Tax Division at 1-844-238-0403.