Frequently Asked Questions

The Ohio Department of Taxation has compiled a list of frequently asked questions covering many different categories.

To view the questions, click on the "Select Category" bar and then click on the category you are interested in.  A list of questions will appear pertaining to that category. Then click on the question you are inquiring about and the answer will appear.

What supporting documents should be provided if amending the return to increase withholding, a pass-through entity credit, or financial institution credit?

Provide a copy of all wage statements showing Ohio withholding (W2, 1099’s) or federal K-1 or IT K-1 showing all PTE credit or FIT credit.