Frequently Asked Questions

The Ohio Department of Taxation has compiled a list of frequently asked questions covering many different categories.

To view the questions, click on the "Select Category" bar and then click on the category you are interested in.  A list of questions will appear pertaining to that category. Then click on the question you are inquiring about and the answer will appear.

I just received my W-2 and discovered school district withholding. I didn't live in a school district that imposes school district income tax at all last year. What should I do?

You are not subject to the school district income tax. In order to get a full refund of the school district income tax withheld for a school district in which you were not domiciled at any time during the year, you must complete an Ohio SD 100 school district income tax return. (This form is available on our Web site at Tax Forms or by calling our toll-free forms request line at 1-800-282-1782.) Be sure to show on your return the school district number for which your employer withheld school district income tax.