Frequently Asked Questions

The Ohio Department of Taxation has compiled a list of frequently asked questions covering many different categories.

To view the questions, click on the "Select Category" bar and then click on the category you are interested in.  A list of questions will appear pertaining to that category. Then click on the question you are inquiring about and the answer will appear.

Can the Ohio Department of Taxation request a copy of the Federal or other state(s) tax return information on my behalf?

To request a copy of your Federal Tax Return contact IRS Customer Service at 1-800-908-9946 to obtain a Tax Account Transcript. To request a copy of your state tax return, contact the taxing authority where you filed the state tax return.  ODT cannot obtain other state tax information. 

Mail the IRS Tax Account Transcript and/or other state(s) return along with a copy of the RAR Billing Notice to the address shown on your billing notice.  We will review this information and notify you of any changes made.  

NOTE: If you are unable to obtain the information within the time frame allowed please contact us.