Frequently Asked Questions

The Ohio Department of Taxation has compiled a list of frequently asked questions covering many different categories.

To view the questions, click on the "Select Category" bar and then click on the category you are interested in.  A list of questions will appear pertaining to that category. Then click on the question you are inquiring about and the answer will appear.

I disagree with the RAR Billing Notice.

The information on this billing was reported to us by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). If you disagree with the information provided by the IRS you may contact them at 1-800-908-9946 to request a Federal Tax Account Transcript.  

Mail the IRS Tax Account Transcript along with a copy of the RAR Billing Notice to the address shown on your billing notice.  We will review this information and notify you of any changes made.

NOTE: If you are unable to obtain the information within the time frame allowed please contact us.