Frequently Asked Questions

The Ohio Department of Taxation has compiled a list of frequently asked questions covering many different categories.

To view the questions, click on the "Select Category" bar and then click on the category you are interested in. A list of questions will appear pertaining to that category. Then click on the question you are inquiring about and the answer will appear.

If a PTE’s interest income is also taxed by another state, can the nonresident investor claim a credit on the Ohio individual income tax return?

Regardless of whether such interest is taxed by another state, a nonresident individual filing the IT 1040 can claim the nonresident credit using the Ohio Schedule of Credits with respect to income that is neither apportionable nor allocable to Ohio.

Tax Forms