Frequently Asked Questions

The Ohio Department of Taxation has compiled a list of frequently asked questions covering many different categories.

To view the questions, click on the "Select Category" bar and then click on the category you are interested in.  A list of questions will appear pertaining to that category. Then click on the question you are inquiring about and the answer will appear.

Who should file Ohio form IT 4708, and who should file Ohio form IT 1140?

The PTE files form IT 4708 and pays the tax on behalf of all qualifying investors other than C corporations. The PTE must file form IT 1140 and withhold the tax for qualifying investors that cannot or will not authorize the PTE to file form IT 4708 on their behalf