Frequently Asked Questions

The Ohio Department of Taxation has compiled a list of frequently asked questions covering many different categories.

To view the questions, click on the "Select Category" bar and then click on the category you are interested in.  A list of questions will appear pertaining to that category. Then click on the question you are inquiring about and the answer will appear.

Are the federal deductions for self-employment tax, self-employed health insurance, contributions to SEP/SIMPLE/qualified plans and domestic production activities included as business income on the IT BUS?

No, these deductions are personal income tax adjustments claimed on an individual’s federal income tax return. As such, they are not considered items of business gain or loss and are not included in the calculation of business income on the IT BUS.