Frequently Asked Questions

The Ohio Department of Taxation has compiled a list of frequently asked questions covering many different categories.

To view the questions, click on the "Select Category" bar and then click on the category you are interested in.  A list of questions will appear pertaining to that category. Then click on the question you are inquiring about and the answer will appear.

Can investors in pass-through entities that file an Ohio IT 4708 composite return or an Ohio IT 1140 withholding return take the Business Income Deduction?

While the Business Income Deduction is available to investors in pass-through entities, the deduction cannot be claimed on either the IT 4708 or IT 1140. Investors wanting to claim the deduction must file an Ohio IT 1040 individual income tax return and complete form IT BUS to calculate the deduction.