Frequently Asked Questions

The Ohio Department of Taxation has compiled a list of frequently asked questions covering many different categories.

To view the questions, click on the "Select Category" bar and then click on the category you are interested in.  A list of questions will appear pertaining to that category. Then click on the question you are inquiring about and the answer will appear.

I filed an Amended Ohio Income Tax Return within the required time period.

If you have already filed an Amended Ohio Income Tax Return and made payment of any additional Ohio tax due, send copies of the following:

  • Ohio amended return,
  • cancelled check (front and back),
  • and IRS Final Determination letter for the tax year(s) in question.

To expedite processing, attach a copy of the Ohio RAR Billing Notice along with the above named document(s). Mail this information to the address shown on the billing notice.  We will review this information and notify you of any changes made.
NOTE: If you are unable to obtain the information within the time frame allowed please contact us.