Frequently Asked Questions

The Ohio Department of Taxation has compiled a list of frequently asked questions covering many different categories.

To view the questions, click on the "Select Category" bar and then click on the category you are interested in.  A list of questions will appear pertaining to that category. Then click on the question you are inquiring about and the answer will appear.

What if I make a mistake using Ohio I-File?

You can correct any errors on your return at any time before you file your return. Simply type over your error and continue. Even if you have completed entering your information and you are viewing your calculated return on the Review Summary page, Ohio I-File provides you with the ability to modify your information before you file. You may also click the "Save Return and Exit" button and then return later to the Dashboard to correct and submit your return.

If you realize you have made an error after filing your return, you will be required to file an Ohio amended individual income tax return. If you made an error on your Ohio school district income tax return, you will be required to file an Ohio amended school district income tax return. You may obtain copies of these forms at tax If you would like a form faxed or mailed to you, please call our Automated Forms Request line, toll free 1-800-282-1782.