Frequently Asked Questions

The Ohio Department of Taxation has compiled a list of frequently asked questions covering many different categories.

To view the questions, click on the "Select Category" bar and then click on the category you are interested in.  A list of questions will appear pertaining to that category. Then click on the question you are inquiring about and the answer will appear.

Do I need to report wet and dry gases on the Severance Tax Return (SV-3)?

All gases that are extracted from each well need to be reported on the Severance Tax Return (SV-3). The production reported on the SV-3 should agree with the amount reported from the meter or run ticket at the well. The severance of natural resources is taxed in the period the natural resources were severed and not the period in which the resources were sold. All gases, wet and dry, need to be reported on the Severance Tax Return.