Frequently Asked Questions

The Ohio Department of Taxation has compiled a list of frequently asked questions covering many different categories.

To view the questions, click on the "Select Category" bar and then click on the category you are interested in.  A list of questions will appear pertaining to that category. Then click on the question you are inquiring about and the answer will appear.

How do I obtain a license to sever in Ohio?

Anyone who wishes to sever natural resources in Ohio should contact the Ohio Department of Natural Resources for more information on permitting and bonding. For questions pertaining to oil and gas, call (614) 265-6922. For all other minerals, call (614) 265-6633.