Frequently Asked Questions

The Ohio Department of Taxation has compiled a list of frequently asked questions covering many different categories.

To view the questions, click on the "Select Category" bar and then click on the category you are interested in.  A list of questions will appear pertaining to that category. Then click on the question you are inquiring about and the answer will appear.

How do I know if I need an International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) permit?

If you travel interstate with a three-axle truck, a tractor, or a two-axle vehicle where the registered GVW is greater than 26,000 pounds, you will need an IFTA permit.