Frequently Asked Questions

The Ohio Department of Taxation has compiled a list of frequently asked questions covering many different categories.

To view the questions, click on the "Select Category" bar and then click on the category you are interested in.  A list of questions will appear pertaining to that category. Then click on the question you are inquiring about and the answer will appear.

How do I claim payments made with an original return when filing an amended return?

When filing an amended municipal income tax return, please insert an ‘X’ in the amended return cell of the annual return and show as a fourth quarter estimated payment for each municipality the sum of (1) the fourth quarter estimated payment actually made for the municipality and (2) any payment submitted with the original return for that municipality.