Frequently Asked Questions

The Ohio Department of Taxation has compiled a list of frequently asked questions covering many different categories.

To view the questions, click on the "Select Category" bar and then click on the category you are interested in.  A list of questions will appear pertaining to that category. Then click on the question you are inquiring about and the answer will appear.

Can I pay my employer withholding tax by using a credit card?

You can use your American Express, Discover/NOVUS, MasterCard, or Visa credit card to pay your withholding tax liability.

Credit card payments may be made through the Ohio Business Gateway (OBG) or over the Internet by visiting the Official Payments Corp. website at or by telephone at 1-800-2PAY-TAX. There is a service fee charged by Official Payments Corporation for using this service.

For more information regarding credit card payments please use the link below to Taxation's webpage:

Business Tax - Credit Card Payments Now Accepted