Frequently Asked Questions

The Ohio Department of Taxation has compiled a list of frequently asked questions covering many different categories.

To view the questions, click on the "Select Category" bar and then click on the category you are interested in.  A list of questions will appear pertaining to that category. Then click on the question you are inquiring about and the answer will appear.

What do I do if my letter indicates a Refund Offset?

If your letter indicates County Child Support, County Public Assistance, Ohio Bureau of Worker’s Compensation, the Ohio Attorney General's Office or the Internal Revenue Service are the recipients of your overpayment, this is known as a Refund Offset. Please contact that office by calling the telephone number provided on your notice.

If your Refund Offset letter indicates your overpayment is being held for Ohio tax assessments, please call 1-888-297-2911 for individual income tax or call 1-888-297-7150 for business tax.