Frequently Asked Questions

The Ohio Department of Taxation has compiled a list of frequently asked questions covering many different categories.

To view the questions, click on the "Select Category" bar and then click on the category you are interested in.  A list of questions will appear pertaining to that category. Then click on the question you are inquiring about and the answer will appear.

Why is the amount on the 1099-G different from the refund or credit I claimed on my tax return?

The amount reported on the form 1099-G may differ from the refund or credit claimed on your return because an error was made on the return or you elected to pay your use tax with a portion or all of your overpayment.