ATTN: Tax Change - Ohio Estate Tax has ended
The Ohio Estate Tax was repealed effective January 1, 2013. There will be no estate tax on estates of individuals with a date of death on or after January 1, 2013. This legislative change occurred with the passage of the 2012-2013 Budget Bill, House Bill 153.
For more information on the tax, see the options below.
- Frequently Asked Questions - Answers to the most common questions about this tax are located here.
- Information Releases - These releases are technical advisories that offer detailed explanations of the laws, rules and rulings that govern the taxes administered by the Ohio Department of Taxation.
- Tax Forms - The estate tax return and instructions (ET 2) and all other estate tax forms are here.
- Interest Rates - The interest rate that applies to overdue taxes changes each year.
- Estate Tax Interest Calculator
- Annual Report (PDF) - The estate tax chapter from the Ohio Department of Taxation's annual report is here.
Ohio Department of Taxation
Estate Tax Unit
4485 Northland Ridge Blvd., Columbus, OH 43229
General Information (800) 977-7711
Fax Machine (614) 387-1984
Ohio Department of Taxation contactinformation.