FAQs - Employer Withholding

I have an employee working in Ohio that lives in a state other than Ohio. Must I withhold Ohio income tax from their wages?

You must withhold Ohio income tax from the compensation that the employee earned in Ohio, unless the employee is a legal resident of one of the five states with which Ohio has signed a reciprocity agreement. These states are Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Pennsylvania and West Virginia.