FAQs - Corporation Franchise Tax

How do I obtain a D3 Certificate of Reinstatement?

You should contact the Taxpayer Services Division at (614) 995-4422. Please be prepared to provide the following information:

  • Corporation name & address
  • You will need the following identification numbers for the corporation:
    • Federal employer identification number (FEIN),
    • Ohio corporation charter or license number,
    • Ohio corporation franchise tax identification number
  • You will need to provide the contact name, address and phone number of the person making the request and receiving the certificate. You may be required to submit form TBOR-1, Declaration of Tax Representative.

In order to issue the certificate, all corporation franchise taxes must be filed and paid up to date. These requests are handled on a first come, first served basis and for that reason may require several days to research. Once you have provided the above information, we ask that you allow 5-7 business days to receive either the certificate (if all taxes are found to be current) or correspondence with request for further information.