FAQs - Corporation Franchise Tax

How do I dissolve a corporation with Ohio?

You should obtain a dissolution packet from the Ohio Secretary of State's office. That office handles the dissolution process.

You can download the packet from their Web site at: www.sos.state.oh.us/SOS/businessServices.aspx

If you need to speak to someone in that office, the phone number is (877) 767-3453 or (614) 466-3910.

In addition, it is necessary for all corporations that are dissolving or surrendering their license (Non-Profit included) to complete form D5 Notification of Dissolution or Surrender. The D5 should be mailed to the address on that form.

To download Ohio corporation franchise tax forms, visit our Tax Forms home page.