FAQs - Corporation Franchise Tax

How do I obtain any of the following certificates? D1 - Certificate of Good Standing, D2 - Certificate of Tax Clearance, D3 - Certificate of Reinstatement, D4 - Certificate of Operations.

You should contact the Taxpayer Services Division at 1-888-405-4039. Please be prepared to provide the following information:

  • Corporation name & address.
  • Federal employer identification number (FEIN).
  • Ohio corporation charter or license number.
  • Ohio corporation franchise tax identification number.
  • You will need to provide the contact name, address and phone number of the person making the request and receiving the certificate. You may be required to submit form TBOR-1, Declaration of Tax Representative.